Furniture is Too big, too small? No, as Goldilocks would say – it needs to be just the right size!
There are so many options for condo furniture these days yet one of the common mistakes I find with condos is the size and scale of the furniture. Maybe you’ve downsized from a larger space and brought your old furniture with you. Or shopped in a large department store where furniture looks right-sized. You can still get the comfort and functionality with condo-sized furniture, with the added benefit that it will be scaled right for your space.
These day, the options for condo furniture are endless. Consider console tables, armoires or adding built-in’s to give more storage space.
Dining furniture options for your condo
For dining rooms, round tables often work well in smaller spaces and coffee tables that turn into full dining tables are great when hosting a larger crowd.
Glass tables are ideal in that they visually take up less space.
Work from home? There’s a coffee table desk option for you.
And, of course Murphy beds (or wall beds) are a great way to add more sleeping space when the grandkids come for sleepovers.
What are some great sized furniture pieces for condos?
- Sofa table (console table) – great way to add function to an entryway, or extra space next to or behind a sofa (optional place to put a drink if there’s no room for a coffee table
- Love seat – a sofa that’s been scaled down for 2 instead of 3 often fits well within a space
- Parson’s chairs – with no arms they have the comfort but without taking up a lot of space. For a more contemporary look you can have even narrower chair options
- End or side tables – no space? No problem – some of these tables are small enough for just a cup of coffee (Bernhart table). Others will tuck in under and fit over your sofa, taking up little real estate
- Armoire – this is a great way to add in extra storage if you don’t have enough room.
- Murphy beds – from simple wall bed to bed/desk or bed/sofa options there is a lot to choose from. Great for micro-condos or a small den.
- Beds with built in storage drawers
- Beds with under bed storage by lifting up the mattress
- Ottomans that transform into single beds
- Bunk beds (you can add in under bed storage drawers)
inspired by double duty condo furniture options?
Do you need to re-evaluate your current furniture needs and perhaps invest in some condo sized furniture that can do double duty?
A consultation provides the opportunity to evaluate your space, suggest options and alternatives for furniture, colour, lighting, and look at how your condo can best flow.
Want to learn more? Sign up to receive your FREE Guide to Living Large in a Small Space